Media and Professional Sports
Kaamil Ansar produced and directed a film titled "Pakistan Sport – A Winning Tradition" to raise funds for a cancer hospital in Pakistan. The film was broadcast on national network television in Pakistan.
A letter to the Editor of the Financial Times from Kaamil Ansar appeared in the Financial Times titled "Scintillating milestones will continue to inspire." See the letter here.
The American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers
Kaamil Ansar was inducted as a Fellow of The American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers on April 14, 2018 in Orlando, Florida.
Financing of Renewable Energy Projects: A Global Analysis and Review of Related Power Purchase Agreements (the Guide)
Publisher: The Guide was published by the American Bar Association (the ABA) on January 9, 2019, as the world continues to fight the threat of climate change following the signing of the Paris Agreement in December 2015.
Novel features: The Guide provides for the first time in one publication, two essential components of investment in renewable energy: analysis of the regulatory framework for renewable energy in relevant jurisdictions described below, and analysis of related power purchase agreements.
The Guide by the numbers:
- Coverage of 59 jurisdictions worldwide including the United States
- 46 countries covering all four corners of the globe
- 13 States of the United States: Arizona, California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Florida, Idaho, Iowa, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Wyoming, and the United States generally
- 44 participating law firms from North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, North Africa, East Africa, West Africa, Southern Africa, South Asia, East Asia, South East Asia, and Asia-Pacific
- Five standard form U.S. Power Purchase Agreements covering residential and distributed generation or commercial solar, utility-scale solar PV, onshore wind and blueprint for offshore wind, and multi-use hydro PPA
- The Guide represents jurisdictions with a global population of 4.7 billion
Contributing Editor of the Guide: Kaamil Ansar.
Use of proceeds: All proceeds from the sale of the Guide go solely to the ABA.
Key objectives: The overriding objective of the Guide is to build a platform for investment in renewable energy in each of the participating jurisdictions described above. The wider the audience for the Guide the more likely it is that this objective will be realized. To that extent, Mr. Ansar is fully invested in achieving the Guide’s success.
The Ansar Law Firm role: The Ansar Law Firm acted as lead counsel in the origination, arrangement, structuring, and execution of the project represented by the Guide.
Mr. Ansar interview with the ABA on the Guide: see attached.
Purchasing the Guide: The Guide is available from the Business Law Section of the ABA at www.americanbar.org for about $450/- for non-members of the ABA.
The American Bar Association
The mission of the ABA is to serve equally its members, the legal profession and the public by defending liberty and delivering justice as the national representative of the legal profession in the United States.
The ABA seeks to serve its members, provides benefits, programs and services which promote members’ professional growth and quality of life. The ABA has over 400,000 members.
The ABA’s diverse activities also include being an advocate for the legal profession, promoting the best quality legal education, competence, ethical conduct and professionalism, and pro bono and public service by the legal profession in the United States.
The ABA seeks to eliminate bias and enhance diversity, and also promotes full and equal participation in the association, and the justice system by all persons. It also seeks to eliminate bias in the legal profession, and the justice system.
The ABA also seeks to advance the rule of law, increase public understanding of and respect for the rule of law, the legal process, and the role of the legal profession in the United States and throughout the world. It holds governments accountable under the law, works for just laws, including human rights, and a fair legal process. It assures meaningful access to justice for all persons and preserves the independence of the legal profession and the judiciary.
A Guide for Young Lawyers (and Others): Lessons from Professional Sports for the Law Business
The Guide for Young Lawyers by Kaamil Ansar was published on December 16, 2019 by Outskirts Press, Inc.
The premise of the book is that young lawyers (and others) can learn from the experiences of great coaches and athletes—those who have succeeded in intensely competitive professional sports—without learning these lessons the hard way…through personal experience.
The book provides detailed advice on key practice areas and topics that young lawyers or persons considering a career in the law should focus on to get to the next level.
A Guide for Young Lawyers (and Others) offers principles and advice backed up by examples from the world of professional sports, with detailed reading lists and resources to enable the reader to follow-up on and develop his or her skills.
The book addresses the following:
- The importance of core values to shape a young person’s actions
- Preparation is the key to success
- Striving for perfection as the standard of performance
- Developing a sound foundation for the practice of law
- Mastering the U.S. securities laws
- Handling mistakes, pressure, competition, adversity, and winning and losing
- How the principles identified reinforce each other and complete the roadmap to success
This publication is available from the following website: outskirtspress.com/aguideforyounglawyers and all Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Apple outlets, retail at $25.95, Apple for iPad at $9.99.