- Advice to an Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contractor with a top 60 ranking by Engineering News-Record (ENR) in connection with a Design Build Contract for a 1,000 to 1,500 MW combined cycle gas-fired power station in an Asian jurisdiction with a project cost of over a $1 billion.
- Representation of a leading global EPC contractor, ranked in the top 55 international contractors by Engineering News-Record (ENR) in connection with a bid for the design-build of a 1200 MW LNG-fired power project in the Province of Punjab, Pakistan.
- Representation of a developer sponsored by a leading European private equity firm in connection with the development and financing of a 95 MW oil-fired desalination plant located in the Province of Sindh, Pakistan.
- Representation of a U.S. developer in connection with the development and financing of power projects in Texas and Latin America.
- Representation of a Middle East-based developer group in connection with a fund to invest in power projects in emerging and frontier markets.
- Advice to a UK-based financial adviser in connection with structuring power projects in emerging markets.
- Advice to one of the largest foreign investors in Pakistan, two leading Pakistani financial institutions and a UK-based investment bank in connection with Chinese investment in the energy and infrastructure sectors in Pakistan.
- Advice to a sovereign in connection with the development of climate finance instruments.
- Representation of an investor group comprising a European clean energy investment bank and U.S. developers in connection with solar opportunities in Pakistan.
- Advice to a European investment bank and its clients in connection with the development of the solar program launched by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Preliminary advice to a Pakistan-based lead developer in connection with the development and financing of solar and wind projects in Pakistan.
- Preliminary advice to an Asia-based developer in connection with the financing of hydroelectric power projects in Pakistan.
- Advice to the sponsors of an international forum on the structuring and execution of global pumped hydro storage projects.
Global Renewable Energy:
- Mr. Kaamil Ansar acted as Contributing Editor of the American Bar Association publication “Financing Renewable Energy Projects – A Global Analysis and Review of Related Power Purchasing Agreements.” See “Our Firm – Recent Developments” above.
- Advice to an investor in connection with the proposed privatization of airports.
- Advice to an EPC Contractor with a top 30 ranking by ENR in connection with a Design Build Contract for the construction of a major highway extending over more than 500 miles at a project cost of over $1 billion in an Asian jurisdiction.
- Advice to a transportation department in connection with structuring, financing and implementation of a Public Private Partnerships - project costs being in excess of $2 billion.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Representation of an advisory firm in connection with a private equity investment.
- Representation of a multinational corporation in connection with the reorganization of its assets and operations.
The firm has extensive experience representing clients in cross-border disputes, litigation and related matters working closely with specialist counsel.
- Representation of a multinational company in connection with litigation matters arising in Asia.
- Representation of a British Virgin Islands investor in connection with disputes relating to taxation matters.
- Representation of a UK investor in connection with various cross-border disputes.
- Representation of an employee of a U.S. technology company in connection with various employment-related disputes.